Aaron Paul Lazar
Release Day Facebook Event 8/15Celebrating the Release of Don't Let The Wind Catch by Aaron Paul Lazar
Talk with Aaron and ask him questions about his book.
Aaron will be doing contests and giveaways throughout the event of free E-books and Print Books Amazon of Don't Let The Wind Catch.
When young Gus LeGarde befriends a cranky old hermit in the woods who speaks to an Indian spirit, he wonders if the man is nuts. But when the ghostly Penni rattles tin cups, draws on dusty mirrors, and flips book pages, pestering him to find evidence to avenge her past, things change.
What Gus doesn’t understand is why his mother hates Tully, until his relentless investigation uncovers a hint of scandal about Tully and Gus’s grandfather, Marlowe Wright.
On horseback, Gus and his friends ride through woods overlooking Conesus Lake to Tully’s abandoned house, reportedly still infected with the Genesee Valley Fever from the 1700s. Unafraid, they enter and find shocking evidence that could rewrite history.
Can Gus convince his mother to forgive Tully? And will the proof he found free Penni’s spirit?
Gus summons courage beyond his years in this poignant and powerful telling of the summer of 1965.
- Bridges the gap between YA and adult ala Harry Potter
- “Suspenseful, satisfying, well-crafted, mood-capturing, for both adults and children.”
- Will appeal to readers who crave adventure, who love horses, the sea, or the outdoors, and who may be curious/nostalgic about children’s lives in 1965.
- Will appeal to teachers and parents who want to impart anti-bullying, anti-bigotry behavior; including compassion and acceptance in a thoughtful, sensitive manner.
- Will appeal to mystery buffs who loved the award-winning Tremolo: cry of the loon featuring Gus LeGarde in a prequel to the series in 1964.
- Showcases goodness, morality, understanding, acceptance, courage, persistence, and love.
- Readers can forget today’s furious Internet-driven scene and maybe evoke a few of their own comforting childhood memories and adventures
Aaron Paul Lazar writes to soothe his soul. The author of three award-winning mystery series and more, Lazar enjoys the Genesee Valley countryside in upstate New York, where his characters embrace life, play with their dogs and grandkids, grow sumptuous gardens, and chase bad guys. Visit his website at lazarbooks.com and watch for his upcoming release from Twilight Times Books, SANCTUARY (2013).
· Website http://www.lazarbooks.com
· Blog http://www.aaronlazar.blogspot.com
· Facebook Name: AaronPaulLazar
· Twitter Name : aplazar
· Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Aaron-Paul-Lazar/e/B001JOZR2M/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
- Barnes and Noble
- Barnes and Noble
Hi there everyone and welcome to the Don't Let the Wind Catch You Blog Tour. Paul here today to share my review of this YA paranormal mystery. Every once in a while I get the itch to read a good paranormal mystery. This did not disappoint. What a wonderful book! Okay, let's get to my review.
What I liked best: I LOVE the setting. If you have read any of my Lionel books then you'll understand. The book is set in the 1960's. It's funny since I wasn't born in the '60's (just missed 'em) that I love this era so much. The author does such a superb job of taking us back to this time frame, from the slang (being fresh, keen) to the candy (penny candy, atomic fireballs) to the music (Satisfaction, Mr. Tambourine Man). I loved it. I felt like I was there and loved every minute of it.
What missed a bit: Nothing of note here. I really, really liked this book. If I have to nit pick I would say the cover. It is a well done, professional cover certainly, but I think with a story this great that it could have been even more eye catching. I must add though that there are other Gus LeGarde stories (which I haven't read~yet!) and this may be a case of maintaining the brand/theme.
Overall: I must admit, that while I was drawn in by the synopsis, I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. I am a huge fan on Encyclopedia Brown and the Three Investigators and young Gus is a Hardy Boys fan, which is appropriate since this book slides right in with these great classics. Don't Let the Wind Catch You is an exciting mystery adventure that young readers will absolutely love. The author does a great job of slipping in a few lessons (what parents should be, being honest) here and there that flow seamlessly into the story. Readers won't even notice they are learning something valuable. Do yourself a favor and pick up this book today, and then investigate Mr. Lazar's other books; I know I will.
Now on to the giveaway. Be sure and leave us a comment. Have you ever read an Aaron Paul Lazar book? What did you think of it? What era is your favorite. Don't forget to join in the great Facebook event today either.
a Rafflecopter giveaway